Based in Northampton, Mass., United Way of Hampshire County is led by an inspired team that is focused on raising awareness for the sole purpose of increasing the number of community members whose lives it can improve. For the past three years, The Creative has helped this United Way tell its stories of positive impact through the writing, design, and production of its annual campaign report and via video and other support materials.
- Developed a video and photo cache to showcase stories about program participants, leaders, and volunteers. These materials, and the stories that accompanied them, allowed us to localize the campaign to reflect the agency’s Hampshire County focus and strong community partnerships.
- Told compelling stories of community transformation brought about by the programs the agency supports and also shined a spotlight on successful workplace campaign approaches.
- Developed a tangible format that United Way leaders can point to as they delve into proactive dialogue with prospective donors to demonstrate the organization’s effectiveness in changing lives.
- Increased volunteer, program, participant, and workplace engagement by communicating best practices through storytelling.
- Created a deeper appreciation of United Way support among community services organizations and the individuals they serve.
- Increased the visibility of United Way in the community.